My Zodiac Sign

10:00

Hello Internet!

As I'm sure many of you are aware, zodiac signs are basically 12 categories created according to the position of the sun and planets (and stuff like that) and each person is put into one of these categories, depending on the time of year they were born.

The zodiac signs (supposedly) tell us about out personalities and key events which will happen in our lives. Some people take the signs very seriously, whilst others rarely consider them. Personally, I don't believe that the signs can possibly predict our future. However, I do occasionally read about my zodiac sign as I find it can kind of interesting.


Therefore, I thought I would do some research into my sign (which is Virgo) and compare the information with what I'm actually like.



Strengths and Weaknesses

Strengths:

Loyal

Analytical

Kind

Hardworking

I think these are all right - at least, I try to be all these things. Hopefully, I do actually come across to be like this to other people. Though, I'm not sure about analytical - honestly, when it comes to analysing Shakespeare, it's not one of my strong suits ...

Weaknesses:

Shyness

Worry

Overly critical

These are definitely correct. Even though it's gotten better as I've grown up, I used to be really shy. Now, I'm not as shy as such but I worry more. As long as I know a person, I tend to be okay with talking. But, when meeting new people, I'm really terrible at making conversations. This kind of links in with overly critical, because whenever I have a normal conversation, I always find something to criticize about something I've said and I internally yell at myself for talking. I don't even think any of that made sense but, oh well..



Likes and Dislikes

Likes :

Animals

Healthy Food

Books

Nature

Cleanliness

This is mostly right. I love animals (apart from disgusting ones like slugs) - so much that I used to want to be a vet (until I realised that I'd most likely end up being the cause of death for many innocent animals).
I guess I like healthy food (especially fruit). I don't have anything against unhealthy food but I would be very happy to survive on salad and fruit.
Obviously, I love books.
I do like the nature but I don't spend very much time in it. I'd love to be an outdoors person and go exploring, but I'm much too lazy for that and stay inside most of the time. Though, when I do go outside, I guess I like it. Since I was really young, I've wished that I lived further into the countryside.
I definitely like cleanliness but I don't like cleaning. I get seriously annoyed when something is unorganised or messy but I just can't be bothered sorting it out.

Dislikes:

Rudeness

Asking for Help

Taking Centre Stage

This is also pretty accurate. I absolutely hate rudeness. In my school, the youngest year-group is so rude and it irritates me so much. You can stand holding the door open for them for about 5 minutes and receive nothing - no 'thank you', nothing!
Asking for help is something I used to always avoid, especially in school. In Primary school, I wouldn't ask for help, even if it meant me struggling with my work. Now, though, I feel comfortable enough with most of my teachers that I can happily ask for help. There are still certain classes and teachers I'll try and avoid asking questions but, mostly, this isn't an issue anymore.
Taking centre stage is something that I always have and, probably, always will despise. I can't stand being in the limelight.


Career and Money

"They are very methodical and good at jobs that require good organization"
This is true. I have systems and routines for most things. To be honest, I think I'd quite enjoy a job which involved organisation.

"When they focus on some task, they will give their best to execute it perfectly"
Again, I think it's true. If I really want to do something I'll try my best at succeeding, even though sometimes it doesn't go exactly to plan.

"They love books and art"
Well, obviously I love books. I guess I like art - I'm not exceptional at it and I'm not the kind of person to go to art galleries every weekend, but I do appreciate some artwork...

"Many Virgos may choose to pursue a career as a writer or journalist"
This is definitely true. At the moment, these are the two careers that I'm aiming for ('at the moment' being the key phrase).

"They plan all costs in advance and when it comes to buying they are not inclined to spend too much. However, from time to time, they want to buy something nice for themselves"
This is really true, especially at the moment. Recently, I've found myself worrying about money, even though - being only a teenager - I don't have much money to be careful with. It takes me a long time to convince myself to buy something, despite the fact that I really, really want it.




Okay, I'm not going to lie, but this has been kind of interesting/creepy to research. I never really realised how much like my 'zodiac sign' I really am. Of course, I still don't believe in destiny or whatever zodiac signs are supposed to mean, I just think it's weird.

All of the information on this post was gathered by this website:

I hope you found this post interesting. If your zodiac's a Virgo, do any of these traits apply to you too? And, if you're not a Virgo, let me know if you'd like to see a post for different zodiac signs. I actually find it strangely fascinating (is there something wrong with me?!).

Thank you for reading,
Elsie A xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

What is your favourite season?