BLOGMAS DAY 1 - Things I Love About Chritstmas

19:00

Hello Internet!
Today, in case you didn't know, is the first day of December. This means only one thing: DAY ONE OF BLOGMAS! Now, I don't know about you, but I'm already pretty excited about Christmas. But what is it about Christmas which makes it so amazing? In this post, I'm going to go through the 6 things I love most about Christmas. 🎅 (By the way, I'm loving these Emojis!) 



1 - The Weather (Sometimes)


Obviously, this part isn't going to be accurate for everyone because I'm pretty sure winter weather here in England is nothing like it is in a place like Australia. However, for me, Christmas is not Christmas without the cold, frosty mornings and the freshness of the crisp air. There's something comforting about being able to wrap up in my thick coat and scarf and to, at night, snuggle up in my thick, cosy pyjamas with a big mug of hot chocolate.
Of course, after a short while, the bitter weather soon gets inconvenient and the rain get can frustrating really quickly. Still, though, I wouldn't want to spend Christmas with any other kind of weather. 
Also, it would make me so happy if I woke up on Christmas morning to 6-ft deep snow. Though, I think I just need to learn to accept the fact that it's never going to happen.


2 - Gifts


You can deny this as much as you want but everyone knows that everyone loves receiving gifts. I mean, what isn't to like about unwrapping presents on Christmas day and being completely surprised by what you've been given? Despite what some people think, I don't think this makes you selfish. If a person likes receiving gifts, it doesn't mean that they'd be a spoilt brat if they didn't get what they wanted. Sure, there's a few people like that, but some people - aka me - just like the excitement and suspense to find out what they've got.
However, not to be incredibly cliché or anything, but this section doesn't just apply to the 'receiving' aspect. Now, I don't want to be one of those people who constantly rant about the whole 'Christmas is for giving, not receiving' thing, but I guess that is exactly what I'm about to say so... Personally, I really enjoy buying gifts and trying to pick the perfect thing for different.


3 - Santa


I think this speaks for itself. What would Christmas be without Santa? If you were to make a list of the things you associate with Christmas, surely Santa would be somewhere near the top, right? I know he would be on mine. Even now, at 15 years old, I remember how excited I was when I was younger at the prospect of Santa Clause coming into my house and leaving my presents.


4 - Time with Family


I normally spend Christmas day with my close family. This year, my mum and I are having Christmas Dinner together and then we'll be going to my uncle's and cousins' house (where there'll be about six of us). For me, this is the time of year where I really appreciate the people in my life. I don't know why, but it just seems like, through all of the food and festivities, you can just get to know people so much better.




5 - Food


This is another obvious one. Anyone who says that they don't like Christmas dinner must be lying, surely? It doesn't necessarily matter what you're eating, as long as there's a lot of it. For many years, my family used to go for an Indian meal on Christmas Day. Loads of people thought this was weird but I don't think it matters. As long as you enjoy what you're eating and you're surrounded by the right people, nobody should be able to judge what you're eating. The only thing I don't particularly like at Christmas time is sprouts but I'll even try to eat one  of those if I have to. Food is another thing which makes Christmas what it is.

6 - Everybody is Happy


In the words of Andy Williams, Christmas is 'The Most Wonderful Time of the Year'. I've noticed that, when it comes to this time of year, people tend to get much happier and buoyant and - especially at school - I've found that everything gets a bit more laid-back and calm. Somehow, the Christmas spirt spreads through the air and nobody has a choice but to join in with the euphoria.



So, that's Day 1 of Blogmas done! I hope that you enjoyed this post and I'd appreciate if you left your feedback in the comments.

What are your favourite things about Christmas? Also, one question that I've been thinking about lately is: which do you prefer, the build-up to Christmas or
the day itself? Personally, I think I prefer the build-up because, if you start early enough, it can last a long time. Christmas day goes way too quickly for my liking! What do you think?

Anyway, that's it for today. I'll be back tomorrow with day 2 of Blogmas!

Thanks For Reading,
Elsie A 🎄






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

What is your favourite season?